The Amazing Family Race At Park City Mountain Resort
Our family loves to watch "The Amazing Race" on Sunday evenings on CBS. We dream of being contestants on the show. I thought it would be a fun project to put together an Amazing Race at Park City Mountain Resort for my family while on vacation. We divided into teams based on snowboarding versus skiing.
1. Introduction: Meet the players: on the Boarder team Toby -16, Andrew - 15 and James - 13. On the Skier team, Bryan (dad), Maggie (mom) and Sam - 9. Austin, TX : Clue 1 (box): Fly to Salt Lake City,UT. Proceed to PCMR rentals in basement of Legacy Lodge. Get fitted for equipment and the attendant will give you your next clue.
2. Park City Mountain Resort Rentals: clue 2 (Person): Find the Bridge over Park Ave where you will find your next clue.
3. Bridge: clue 3 (box): Find the interfaith mountain chapel meeting point. Tebow and you will find your next clue.
4. Chapel: Clue 4 (box): Who wants to fly like an eagle? Choose 2 people to ride the Flying Eagle Zip Line. When you are finished the attendant will give you the next clue.
5. Flying Eagle: clue 5 (person): Who feels a need for speed? The 3rd person now rides the Alpine Coaster. When you return to the station you will get your next clue.
6. Alpine Coaster: clue 6 (person): There’s a Cobra living at this resort. Find the Cobra, sample his wares and he will give you the next clue.
7. Cobra Dogs: clue 7 (person): Find the resort restaurant that you can reach by horse-drawn sleigh. This will be the final pit stop for the race. The last team to arrive may be embarrassed. Snowed Inn: Park City favorite Martin Drayton greets the teams. Snowboarders: Congratulations you are team #1. Skiers: you are the last team to arrive. HOWEVER: everyone’s a winner at PCMR. Skiers lose because of ski boots vs boarding boots.
My family had a great time racing around the resort. If you are looking for something new, feel free to use my clues for your own family race, or make one up yourself.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.