Egg Mcmuffin without the Mc--When you are rushing to ski school
Turkey, egg and cheese on a bagel thin.
Mickie D's has a great thing going with their breakfast sandwiches but I must say, homemade is better. My favorite breakfast sandwich is easy, fast and delicious. I love an English muffin toasted with egg, cheese and deli meat--the classic egg Mcmuffin. These sandwiches can be made in as little as 2 minutes in the condo or at home. They don't require much skill, advanced preparation or time, and the ingredients can be bought at some convenient stores. This breakfast gives you and your kids great energy for a slope-filled day.
You will need:
• 4 eggs
• 1 Tablespoon butter
• 4 English muffins
• sliced cheese: cheddar, Swiss or American
• deli meat, i.e., ham or turkey, or cooked bacon
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Crack eggs on a plate and slide into pan. This will prevent yolk from cracking. Cook to desired firmness. Gently turn eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a slice of cheese on top of each egg and cover just long enough to melt the cheese.
Place deli meat, egg and cheese between toasted slices of English muffin. These are also great on bagels, bread, buns or Arnold sandwich thins and my family really likes bagel thins too. For a little extra zing, add mustard and mayo. Serve warm.
Super Speedy version:
To make these quick breakfast sandwiches even faster, poach the eggs in a microwave. They will be lower in calories and even faster than McDonald's drive-thru.
You will need:
• English muffins
• deli meat, i.e., ham or turkey
• dash of vinegar (optional)
1. Place English muffins in a toaster
2. Poach the egg in the microwave by cracking an egg into a mug or custard dish that is filled with 1/3 full with water. Adding a dash of vinegar helps the egg stay together but is not always necessary. Use a toothpick to poke a small hole in the egg yolk. Cover the mug with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute. Salt & pepper to taste.
3. Place egg between slices of toasted muffin.
4. Add slice of cheese and sliced deli meat.
5. Wrap in a paper towel and run out the door.
Time yourself. These can be made in two minutes flat and are virtually mess-free.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.