Park City is known for many fabulous winter snowy things – the 2002 Winter Olympics, three world-class ski resorts, and the Sundance Film Fest. For those in the know, summer is an ideal time to visit Park City for family friendly fun around every corner. The cool breezes make any outdoor activity more pleasant and the scenery is breathtaking.
Here are my five favorite ways to enjoy Park City Mountain Resort during the summer.
1) Chairlifts – just because the skis are put away doesn’t mean the chairlifts are closed. Hop aboard the PayDay, Crescent, and Town lifts and be transported to some of the best hiking and mountain biking trails in the country. With over 70 miles to explore, the terrain varies, just like in the winter, which makes it super easy to tackle whatever challenge you wish for the day. Searching for wildlife on the trails is just one perk of the adventure.
2) Alpine Slide and Coaster – Go solo on the alpine slide and race your family down one of the world’s longest rides or buddy up and soar on Utah’s longest alpine coaster. Either ride has me laughing and feeling ten years younger with every turn. Better than a face lift and cheaper, too!
3) Mini-golf – the whole family is on a level playing field on these kid-friendly greens. More often than not, the youngest comes out as the winner. Can a green jacket from Augusta be in their future?
4) Summer adventures in the plaza – there’s something for everyone in the old-fashioned carnival zone. The youngest kids enjoy the Little Miners Park with a mini-train, colorful airplane ride, and merry-go-round while the older kids burn off energy climbing the boulders and ropes course in the Adventure Zone.
5) Delicious food – the Legends Bar and Grill Nachos are this Snowmamas favorite! Take one bite and you’ll understand. Crunchy, cheesy, yummy. The kids prefer the made-to-order Crescent burgers, fries, and homemade shakes but trust me; the nachos are the way to go!
Summer activities run from late May through mid-October. Summer season passes are available as well as pay as you go options. The memories you’ll make are priceless.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.