Thanksgiving on Skis
The snow is falling hard outside tonight in Park City adding a nice layer of fresh powder on the mountain. Looks like some nice early season conditions await if you are planning a visit for Thanksgiving week.
If you want to maximize your time on the mountain, no need to worry about planning and cooking the big meal on Thursday. There are plenty of local dine in or take out options for a fun family celebration.
Turkey on the Town
From mash potatoes to pumpkin pie, you’ll find many of your family’s favorites on the menu at several Park City restaurants. Here’s a brief list of where locals like to go when mom is not cooking....
- The Grub Steak - Located north of Main Street, a long-time local favorite. Casual atmosphere. Fun for the whole family. 435-649-8060/www.grubsteakrestaurant.com
- Chez Betty - An intimate spot known for consistently amazing food, a locals‘ secret for Thanksgiving. 435-649-8181/www.chezbetty.com/thanks.php
- New to the Park City fine dining scene, spruce (located at the Dakota Mountain Lodge at The Canyons) is serving up a unique Thanksgiving menu. 435-647-5566/www.sprucepc.com
- Good Thymes - Comfort food reins at this casual, Kimball Junction spot. 435-615-7090/www.goodthymes.net
- Ciseros - Located on Park City’s Main Street, another long-time local favorite adds turkey and all the trimmings to its menu. 435-649-5044/www.ciseros.com
- Butcher’s Chop House & Bar - A true ski in/out Thanksgiving feast, located at the Town Lift Plaza. 435/647-0040/www.butcherschophouse.com
- Adolph's - Serving up Swiss Continental cuisine for over 30 years, Adolph’s adds all the traditional holiday favorites to their menu.435-649-7177/www.adolphsrestaurant.com
Want to make it an “almost-homemade” holiday? Try these take-out options...
- Whole Foods - From traditional to “tofurky”, vegetarian and vegan, Whole Foods has it all to go. Call or click for menu options. 435.575.0200/wholefoodsmarket.com/holidays
- Good Thymes is also offering Thanksgiving-to-go, orders need to be placed by 6pm (MST) November 23rd. 435-615-7090/www.goodthymes.net
- The best baked goods in town can be found at The Bakery at Windy Ridge. Call ahead to place your pie orders. 435-647-2906.
Thankfully, you'll have plenty of time - and fresh powder - to work off the big meal on the mountain. Enjoy your Park City Thanksgiving!
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.