Raised by a single mom in Connecticut, Kristen started skiing at age 3 across New England, but especially loved spending weekends at her ski club’s lodge in Vermont. Her mom signed her up for ski racing despite her lack of athletic ability. Let’s just say it was not a match made in heaven and injuries were involved. But that didn’t stop her!
She followed her mom’s advice and married someone who loved the sport as much as she did. When her Uconn buddies planned a trip to Park City in 1996, she took her first trip out West. Trips to Colorado and California only confirmed what she already knew…Park City was her first love. Every year for 17 years, from homes in Connecticut, New Jersey, and most recently Toronto, Canada, Kristen visited Park City with her 4 kids, now ages 6-16, in tow. Last year their dream was realized, and Kristen and her family made Park City their home.
- Favorite Run: Blanche (NASTAR addiction, hoping to make the 2045 National Championships in the over 75 age category). Courcheval for working the bumps, Hoist for conquering the steeps.
- Favorite Lift: McConkey’s - love hearing the “Woo Hoo’s” of the kids in the trees in Dummy’s Ditch; any 6 pack lift that my whole family can ride at once!
- Favorite Lunch Spot On The Mountain: Legacy Lodge – who doesn’t love a salad, soup and baked potato bar? Something for every appetite.
- Favorite Place for a Date Night Out: High West Distillery, Mustang, and Wahso, all on Main Street.
- Favorite Family Dining Place: Squatters Brew Pub or Maxwell’s at Redstone.
- Favorite Thing to do Off the Slopes? Jupiter Bowl at Redstone and Gorgoza Tubing Park.
Connect with Snowmama Kristen
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.