Top 10 + Snowasis = The Ultimate Spring Skiing Experience
Spring in a ski town is an adventure. One day you will be sporting a T-shirt and sunscreen while skiing corn snow and slushy conditions, the next day your baklava covers your face in an attempt to keep your cheeks warm from continuous face shots. Regardless of the conditions, spring on skis is a “must-have” experience for any skier's bucket list.
Top 10 Spring Musts:
- Dressing in retro ski gear, clown outfits and anything day-glo!
- Pond skimming
- Ski in the morning, golf in the afternoon
- Dance in your ski boots at a spring concert
- Ski/Board in shorts, miniskirts, t-shirts, bikini... anything to get some much needed sun on our winter skin!
- Corn snow in the morning
- Slush "hero" bumps in the afternoon
- Racoon eyes! Perfect suntanned/sunburned outline of your glasses or goggles
- Surprise epic powder days in March & April
- Last chance to build snowman or other snow sculpture creation (perfect conditions for snow to stick)
Growing up, spring skiing felt like a continuous celebration. The lengthening days, warmer temperatures and promise of summer around the corner, lured everyone out from hibernation and onto the slopes. When temperatures lurked around 50° we skied the morning and hit the golf course in the afternoon. On days when the snow arrived, we would gear up for some of the best powder days of the season. As the mornings turned to warm afternoons, skiers and riders would soak the sun après style.
This spring PCMR is hosting an array of spring-fling fun at the resort. Grab your family and come play on and off the snow for a weeklong festival: Snowasis in the Snow! PCMR is one of North America’s favorite family resorts, because of the many programs, events and experiences they offer. Snowasis in the Snow is a week of activities and celebration for the entire family to enjoy:
- Monday, March 25 3:15-4:00 p.m. - Avalanche rescue dog meet & greet: meet the cutest Park City Mountain Resort team members when our dog teams demonstrate what they can do and answer your questions at the bottom of First Time and Eagle chairlifts.
- Tuesday, March 26 3:30-5:00 p.m. - Kid's Carnival and Parade: watch as the kids from our Signature instruction programs parade through the resort base area, followed by a carnival for the whole family - including face painting, balloon animals, food and games.
- Wednesday, March 27 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - "Songs from the Slopes" karaoke party: find the Karaoke Caravan on the mountain and show off your voice to the Resort. Then enjoy a fun après experience for the whole family with Park City's own Cowboy Joe. Songs from the Slopes participants can watch their rockstar performances from the mountain on the small screen.
- Thursday, March 28 12:00-1:00 p.m.- Drum to the Snow Gods: Join our drum circle and beat a call to the snow gods.
- Friday, March 29 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Snowmamas Meet-up: join our Snowmamas and Snowpapas for a ski tour, featuring a scavenger hunt in our Adventure Alleys.
- Saturday, March 30 3:00-5:00 p.m. - Après concert with the George T. Gregory Band, playing a mix of R&B, Motown, blues, jazz and New Orleans rock.
- Sunday, March 31 ALL DAY - Easter Celebration: join our all-mountain Easter egg hunt beginning at 9 a.m. Kids 6 and under are invited to the Kids Korral, and the rest of the mountain is open to egg hunters of all ages in search for the Golden Egg (Season Pass!!!)
In addition to PCMR’s spring celebration, every Utah resort has something to offer during the longer days and warmer temps, check out Utah’s abundant list of ski areas to schedule your spring adventures!
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.