7 Park City Summer Event Musts
Growing up in Park City, winter was the star season and summer played a lackluster supporting role. How times have changed! Summer has truly evolved into a co-star to winter and it just keeps getting better. Summer in Park City is stunning. The weather is perfect, warm during the day with a slight drop after sunset. Activities are abundant; our outdoor playground offers a multitude of choices. The overall atmosphere reaches both ends of the spectrum from relaxed to exhilarating.
The events that Park City hosts during the summer are vast, but here are a few of my absolute favorites and musts for any local or guest to the area!
- Savor the Summit: Just six years ago, Park City hosted its first Savor the Summit. On June 22nd, Main Street will be transformed into the ultimate dinner party featuring The Grande Table linking each restaurant and their culinary talents. I love this evening on the town. Friends, families, locals and visitors gather to enjoy fine dining, drinks, entertainment and each other. This evening truly showcases Park City’s beautiful community, delicious cuisine and kicks off the summer season.
- Jupiter Steeplechase and Mid-Mountain Marathon: If you are love trail running, these two courses are a must. The Jupiter Steeplechase, August 3, 2013, is 16 +/- mile trail run from the First Time chairlift at the base of Park City Mountain Resort (7000′) to the breathtaking (literally) top of Jupiter Peak (10,400′) and back, on the challenging single-track trails found within the Park City Mountain Resort property. Later in the season on September 7, 2013 is the Mid-Mountain Marathon. The course begins at Silver Lake Lodge in Deer Valley and continues through Park City Mountain Resort and eventually finishes at The Forum at the Canyons. This 26.2 mile single-track course is brutally beautiful!
- Summer Concert Series: For any music lover, Park City’s summer concert series is bound to have something to help get your groove on. Deer Valley host’s concerts all summer long, including free local concerts every Wednesday. In addition, Mountain Town Music offers concerts at a variety of venues throughout Summit County all summer long. On any given night during the summer, there will be music at one of these venues!
- Human Fireworks: Beginning in June, the Utah Olympic Park hosts the Flying Ace All Star Freestyle Show. The show is a choreographed aerial show, featuring Olympians and National Team athletes performing incredible acrobatics into the pool. It is a fun show for the entire family. Prior to the show, check out the museum or ride in a bobsled or partake in an adventure course, and so much more.
- Who said you can’t get a drink in Utah? July 10-14, 2013 the Park City Food and Wine Classic is another event for all the foodies. There is something for everyone – from food and wine tastings, to seminars and cooking demonstrations, to outdoor adventures with food & wine influences, there are tastes and temptations at every turn.
- Park City Kimball Arts Festival: August 2-4, 2013, Main Street is converted into an outdoor gallery featuring local, national and international artists. The weekend is filled with music, art, food and play.
- Tour du Suds, Point 2 Point and Tour of Utah: Attention biking enthusiasts, these are the premier Park City mountain bike and road bike races of the summer. The best race for spectators is the final Stage 6 of the Tour of Utah. Park City’s Historic Main Street serves as the Start and Finish for the final Stage and also crowns the 2013 Tour of Utah champion following the race.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.