Planning Your Trip In Advance: Timelines And Tips
Image via nbcnews.com
By using these timelines you should be able to take advantage of the good deals that Park City Mountain Resort has to offer. Often deals can be found a week or two out, but you can run the risk of not being able to secure flights or lodging.
3-6 months in advance:
- Make Airline/Car Rental/Transportation/Lodging reservations to get the best possible deals.
- Look for Park City Mountain Resort special package deals that include lift tickets with lodging.
1-2 months in advance:
- Make restaurant reservations during holiday and peak times.
- Make ski/snowboard lesson reservations during holidays and peak times.
- Make rental equipment reservations during holiday and peak times to ensure availability.
3-4 weeks in advance:
- Create a list of ski/snowboard clothing and gear that you will need for the slopes using the Snowmamas packing list.
- Create clothing list you will need off the slopes using the Snowmamas packing list. Don't forget to pack appropriate clothing if you have made reservations at restaurant that has dress requirements.
- Create a list of toiletries you will need. Include toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, moisturizer, sun block, lip balm and razors.
- Create lists of personal items needed for your trip, including medications, medical insurance cards and ID’s/Passports as needed.
1 week in advance:
- Start packing all your clothes and gear that you will need on the slopes
- Buy any toiletry items (Travel size items are available at your local retail stores like Target, Wal-Mart, etc..)
- Confirm airline, rental car/transportation, lodging and any other reservations that you have made
- Gather together all your essential travel items and paperwork......double check everything. These items should include airline confirmations, rental car documents, lodging documents, medical cards, identification cards for children, cash/credit cards and directions.
1-3 days before your trip:
- Finish packing your clothes and toiletry items
- Leave flight information and phone numbers of where you can be reached with relatives or friends
- Luggage can get lost or delayed, especially when taking connecting flights. Keep driver's license, medications, medical cards, passports, airline tickets, rental car documents, lodging documents in your carry-on bag, or on your persons, at all times.
Now your ready to have a FUN trip!
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.