Top 10 Hottest Travel & Ski Apps
There are so many apps available these days for the iPhone and Android. They can help you in just about anything, but when it comes to helping you on the mountain and with traveling here are the Top 10 that I find helpful.
Best of all is they are all FREE downloads!
1. KAYAK- get up-to-date flight status, reserve hotel rooms from your phone, and create your own packing list so you won't forget anything & customize it for your family.
2. GateGuru- this is wonderful if you have a layover or a longer flight, especially with children, because you can pull up your exact gate and terminal and see what food or shops are around.
3. Trip Advisor- this is a fun one because you can put in the city you are in and look up what there is to see and do. There is also a list of restaurants by $ or $$$, hotels, and you can even check for cheap flights.
4. Yelp- this one is great for the picky eater or if you're just looking for something specifically to eat. You can just put in what you want and it will show you the places that serve that item. I.e. cupcakes and it will show you who has cupcakes.
5. Alpine Replay Ski & Snowboard- this app is wonderful for the ski season because you can track your speed, distance and calories burned that day and then at the end of the season you can compare your improvements or compete with friends.
6. Park City Mountain Resort- when coming to Park City Mountain Resort this is a must-have app because it will give you a trail map, snow conditions, deals, upload pics to Facebook or Twitter right on the mountain and the best feature is you can reload or purchase your lift ticket from your phone plus so much more.
7. Ski Utah- has 14 resorts to look at, Yeti report tracker, hot deals and discounts, trail maps, webcams, and weather forecasts.
8. itrail map- if your phone battery is already running low by the end of the day because you have taken so many photos or videos this is the app to have because you can download any trail map and it will just store it on the app. This means you don't need internet to use it or it won't be draining your battery more with the GPS tracker.
9. Mammoth Mountain- this app lets you set up a profile so you can track you & your friends on the mountain, share pics, and keep track of your runs.
10. FreeSkier- I found this one great for reviews on gear because it's always helpful to get the info prior to making the purchase. There are also snow reports and videos to browse through.
So the next time you are traveling solo or with your family don't forget about these great apps and how that can make your traveling experience a breeze.
Get to know the Snowmamas who share the ins and outs of creating unforgettable moments.
Ask A Snowmama
Ask your question about family winter
travel and one of our
Snowmamas will answer.
Connect with Snowmamas
Related Snowmamas Posts
Add Your Own Comments
The views expressed on Snowmamas are those of the individual authors, who are independent contractors of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort and Killiington Resort and may not be factually accurate. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Park City Mountain Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, its owners, its management or its employees. Snowmamas' will receive compensation for their participation as an author.